Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

johngabbradley
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service Not Loading All Tiles With Frowny Face and Empty Visual

Hi,

I have a Power BI data model that is connected to an on premise version of SQL Server being refreshed through an on premise gateway.  When users go into Power BI through Chrome they are seeing the following error. The visual seems to not load and is greyed out except a small frowny face.  When hitting the frowny face I get the following error also attached in the link here:  There is something wrong with the proxy server or the address is incorrect.

Because I am using the import method I am surprised that I am getting these errors.  As I understand it, all of the data is pushed to the Power BI Service and there is not a direct connection between Power BI and the data source.

I have googled the error message without finding anything that tells me what the issue is.

Can anyone tell me what this error means and how I can stop it from popping up for my users?  It is happening way to often and they have to go to another page and click back for the error to resolve.  

Is this a web problem or Power BI Service problem.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
Anil2409
Regular Visitor

Hi @johngabbradley ,

Did you find any solution to this?

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @johngabbradley,

1. Are there any other resource other than SQL Server?

2. Which visual is it?

3. Did it go wrong when you tried it?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft thanks for the reply!

Responding inline below:

Hopefully you will be able to provide some direction on what may be happening here.

Kind Regards,

JB

v-jiascu-msft wrote:

Hi @johngabbradley,

The only sources of data are SQL Server, JSONs created through the Enter Data function, and tables created in DAX using the DATATABLE function.  No other sources though then the internal sources created and the SQL Server source.

2. Which visual is it?

The culprit primarily appears to be a custom visual called a Bullet Chart created by the SQLBI guys at OKVIZ.  Users are reporting to me this is the one they have recognized having the issue.

It has never errored out for me.  I am working on a server that does not have Chrome and only IE and I have never gotten the error.  When logging onto Power BI in Chrome from outside the server, I also have not seen the error.  Seems quite mysterious for me not to be able to recreate it.

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @johngabbradley,

I can't reproduce it in my test. I would give some suggestions.

1. Upgrade the custom visual.

2. Recreate the visual. 

3. Or, create a support ticket here.

create ATicket

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft thanks for the reply!

Responding inline below:

Hopefully you will be able to provide some direction on what may be happening here.

Kind Regards,

JB

@v-jiascu-msft wrote:

Hi @johngabbradley,

The only sources of data are SQL Server, JSONs created through the Enter Data function, and tables created in DAX using the DATATABLE function.  No other sources though then the internal sources created and the SQL Server source.

2. Which visual is it?

The culprit primarily appears to be a custom visual called a Bullet Chart created by the SQLBI guys at OKVIZ.  Users are reporting to me this is the one they have recognized having the issue.

It has never errored out for me.  I am working on a server that does not have Chrome and only IE and I have never gotten the error.  When logging onto Power BI in Chrome from outside the server, I also have not seen the error.  Seems quite mysterious for me not to be able to recreate it.

Best Regards,

Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors