Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service- No session time out

Hi All,

Users logged in to Power BI to view Dashboard1 in TeamWorkspace . 

Developer published Dashboard2 and deleted the old  Dashboard1.

Users could still see 2 dashboards in their workspace and Dashboard1 gave errors on clicking it as it had been deleted.

Ideal behavior expected: Users must not  see the deleted dashboard1 and their Power Bi session needs to time out after inactivity for a long time  thus causing them to  login again and avoid seeing links for  the older deleted versions.

Is there a specific setting to be configured for Power BI service session timeout if the user is inactive for a long time. We see this timeout on incactivity for most other applications and would be good to have it in Power BI service as well. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is an idea about automatically logoff / session time-out. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is an idea about automatically logoff / session time-out. You can vote it up and add your comments there to improve Power BI on this feature. Smiley Happy

Regards

When will this feature be available? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the link. I voted for it. Session timeout after long period of inactivity is an important requirement for our organization.Looking forward to see it implemented as most other applications have this feature.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

Whilst I have seen a timeout after a possible few days, what I have suggested to end users is to do a CTRL + F5 to reload the entire page. Once that is done it then will reload and show the correct information.

There might be an idea for a timeout option in the https://ideas.powerbi.com

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors