Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CoryMBush
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Service Data Refresh issue using gateway

Hi, 

I cannot seem toget my report to refresh in PowerBI service.  I am able to easily refresh in Deskop.

My data sources are Salesforce and SQL Server.  I have published a few reports using these same sources before and have been able to set up the gateway correctly so that i can automate my scheduled refreshes in service.  For whatever reason, I keep getting the below error when I try to refresh in Service.  I am not sure what I am doing differently with this report than I am with previous reports.  Please let me know if there is something I am missing.

CoryMBush_0-1600997241164.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, I'll give that a shot next time.  I ended up restructuring my data in power query by removing the queries that merged the 2 tables together.  That seemed to fix the issue for the short term.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CoryMBush ,

Please check if you have selected Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster in gateway settings.

Capture.PNG

For more details, please refer to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-mashup-on-premises-cloud  And Would you please also update your gateway to latest version?

If your issue is still existing, I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks, I'll give that a shot next time.  I ended up restructuring my data in power query by removing the queries that merged the 2 tables together.  That seemed to fix the issue for the short term.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors