Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

guibenassi
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Service - Data Missing after refresh

I have some files that works fine in Power BI desktop, but after upload and refresh the files on service power BI some data doesn´t shows any more.

I try to delete some measures and some case it works, but I can not work without this measures.

Above one measure that causes the problem.

Desc = calculate(sum('Receber Mysoft'[DescComercial]);'Receber Mysoft'[cfop]<>"5.202";'Receber Mysoft'[cfop]<>"6.202")

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous @mdmoo @GilbertQ 

Microsoft answer the ticket with a solution.

The problem is caused by a date issue, when refresh in power bi service they invert day and month, the day shows as month and the month as day.

The solution goes to change the type of the columm in the query editor, changing the columm type from text to date.

In the begining I change the type direct in the table section, when refresh by power BI service it get the data from the query wich is in text format and bringing problems with English an EU date system.

Hope I help you guys.

Thanks for the support

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
jakemorris606
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

not sure if anyone is stilll having simular issue, i had this issue for a couple of days ... for me i had the incremental refresh data starting '1' month before data on the table, so in desktop my dataset was full, but once i published to service and it refresh it would only pull in 1 month of data resulting in missing data, so if anyone has this issue going forward this i one to check.      service will use parameters set in desktop.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mdmoo Can you elaborate more on your issue and solution please?

@GilbertQ That's the strange part, when I refresh my date in Power BI desktop, it just works perfectly fine also when publishing in web service. However, when automated refresh is done in web service, only two graphs (with calculation) of 27 are turning blank (deleted values/blank values). It looks like de calculated columns in these two graphs won't work in web service, noticing that it worked perfectly fine before. 

Is there any reaction on the ticket to Microsoft? 

@GilbertQ @Anonymous describe exactly what happens, some reports works fine, others don´t and there are no problems in Power BI Desktop or even in uploading, the error appears only after refresh the service.

I am expecting a call from the ticket today, hopefuly we will have good news.

@Anonymous @mdmoo @GilbertQ 

Microsoft answer the ticket with a solution.

The problem is caused by a date issue, when refresh in power bi service they invert day and month, the day shows as month and the month as day.

The solution goes to change the type of the columm in the query editor, changing the columm type from text to date.

In the begining I change the type direct in the table section, when refresh by power BI service it get the data from the query wich is in text format and bringing problems with English an EU date system.

Hope I help you guys.

Thanks for the support

Excellent solution

i changed my date/time format to date only format in the query editor , my report is now viewable. thank you.

That is great to know and I would recommend best practise is always to set your column data types to ensure that they are in the valid format.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm having the same problem, since last week 😕  Report has been working perfectly for weeks and now suddenly deletes data after refresh. 

Im saying 'deletes, because I've found out that after updating the file, the data is shown again in the graph. However, after refreshing, the data is just missing. After downloading the file from PBI service, I see that the columns with data are blank (have been deleted).

My data set contains data with thousands with decimal number in dutch format (so with comma instead of dot) and is calculated dividing price (decimal) by total. Maybe it has to do with this, not sure? 

Hello, I am not sure what cause this issue, but I have a feeling that can be a problem with regional format, im my case I use big volume of data ( 9 Million lines) and use Brazilian format (comma instead of dot).

I open a service call with Microsoft team that is working in that.

It could possibly be a bug, but I have never seen the Power BI Service delete any data.

I would also double check that the latest version of the Power BI On-Premise Data Gateway is installed?

Power BI Blog

Hello Gilbert.

For sure it is a good start, I checked the gateway version and desktop version in advance to post this issue.

Thanks

If that is the case I am not sure what could be causing the issue.

The only other test I could think of before logging a support request is to try and upload the report into a new app workspace, schedule a refresh and see how it refreshes as expected?

Power BI Blog

I have already uploaded in a different workspace, delete the old report but the problems persist.

I have already opened a ticket service in Microsoft, and there are more than 10 days duration and no effective response at all.

I'm seeing something similar. It seems like some of my measure don't calculate anymore. The really odd thing is that when I get data from a Power BI dataset, I see a similar thing, even when the same measure shows up in the online version of the report. I believe this is a new bug.

mdmoo
Frequent Visitor

I found my issue, it was in the operator error section of errors.

Hello Mdmoo, can you describe in more details what you did to fix it.

This is a big issue to me, and if you can help me I will be very grateful.

Thanks

Hi there

Thanks for letting us know.

I was fairly certain it could have been something that changed in your data.

I would suggest refreshing the data in Power BI Desktop and checking to see if there are any errors on refreshing?

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you are in the report in the Power BI Service, do you have the default filters set or persistent filters?

I have never seen data refreshing if it was the same in Power BI Desktop.
What I have seen is filters or slicers being applied to the reports, which makes it appear that there is data missing.

Power BI Blog

Hello Gilbert,

I just update and refresh the report in service power BI, I don´t use any filter at all.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors