Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Service Connect Pool Cache in Sybase DB

Hi,

I am using Sybase DB as source for Power BI reports.I used to schedule the Power BI report from the clould Power BI services.The report has executed and completed successfully on the scheduled time.I having problem like, whenever i do any action in Power BI services report available in cloud then the oneor many connection rows added in Sybase DB the ReqType of these miscellaneous row is "Connect Pool Cache".I hope it may be usefull to cache but the connections rows get occupied in Sybase DB because of this reason the sybase db connections get exceeded with the limit which make stops works other applications connected with sybase db.

My doubt is, how to avoid this connect pool cache get generated by Power BI services report.After the report refresh also these type of connection rows not disappearing.Connect_Pool_Cache not only generating in Sybase DB This not only because of power bi report refresh, its get generate even i if do any actions in Power Services Cloud portal from Sybase DB level i can delete this rows but it is not a final solutions.Please suggest

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Do you mean after refresh the report, the cache will generate servaral rows in Sybase DB? Do you have some SQL statement when connect to Sybase DB?

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Do you mean after refresh the report, the cache will generate servaral rows in Sybase DB?

Yes, not only in report refresh stage, even if i open a report then also its generating rows with ReqType Connect_Pool_Cache in Sybase DB.But some rows are getting diappear once the report refresh has completed and closed the report.But few rows still available in db with ReqType Connect_Pool_Cache 

Do you have some SQL statement when connect to Sybase DB?

No, i am using to import tables available in Sybase DB into Power BI Desktop reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All Members,

I didnt get any resolution to my issue.Is there any update from anyone? Thanks in Advance for your responses..

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Do you mean after refresh the report, the cache will generate servaral rows in Sybase DB?

Yes, not only in report refresh stage, even if i open a report then also its generating rows with ReqType Connect_Pool_Cache in Sybase DB.But some rows are getting diappear once the report refresh has completed and closed the report.But few rows still available in db with ReqType Connect_Pool_Cache 

Do you have some SQL statement when connect to Sybase DB?

No, i am using to import tables available in Sybase DB into Power BI Desktop reports

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors