Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

me2
Regular Visitor

Power BI Service Charts are now blank

I'm new to Power BI.  I uploaded a dataset (Excel file with one Worksheet and one table in that WS).  Then I created a report with various charts.

I thought I could improve the report by linking a new table.  So I updated the file and added a new worksheet.  In that WS, I created a new table.  One chart wasn't properly displaying so I thought if I created a relationship between the tables, it would show properly.  I could not locate how to create that relationship between tables in Service so I do it in the file.  

That was a BIG MISTAKE.  Now all the charts in the report are blank.  Hours of work might be lost.

To fix it, I attemped to update the file be deleting the relationship - no good.  Then by deleting the added worksheet/table - no good.  I'm about to try to delete the original file and reload the new file.  But not sure that will do any good since the current data source is already corrected.

What are my options other than recreate hours of work? 

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @me2 

Where did you create the original report with the first dataset? Did you import the Excel file into Power BI Service and created a report there, or import the Excel file into Power BI Desktop and publish the .pbix file into Service?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang

me2
Regular Visitor

Update, I uploaded a copy of the dataset, created a new dashboard and report.  So the urgency is now gone but the question remains.  The old report still shows the charts but they are all blank.  Any suggestions on what happened and how to fix it?

Thank you in advance.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @me2 

No panic, Charts showing Blanks meaning a relationship is missing, filters are not properly applied or a measure is not correctly formulated.

I am afraid not real understood what you did and how you did it! Can you share images, details or a sample of your PIBX! that can help me better

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors