Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alicialcaide
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Service - Audiences is not working properly

Hi everyone,

Although the Audiences functionality in the App is great, I am having some problems in my environment that I would like to discuss in this forum in case anyone else is having problems.

I have created a new Audience group in the App of a Premium workspace. I have added only 2 users (who have no permissions to enter the workspace, only the app). When I publish the App with the dashboards I want to include in the Audience groups, the last one I have included disappears. Even if I wait or refresh the page, it doesn't reappear.

The alternative solution has been to republish the PBIX from Desktop to my workspace and then repeat the process again.

Is this happening to more users? Do you know if there's any workaround to fix it? 

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alicia

8 REPLIES 8
ThomasDAVIAU

Something that worked for me was to delete cookies et browser history and retry fresh !

It has probably something to do with the deployement of new versions that are not properly handled on the microsoft side...

SokuTaIke
Frequent Visitor

Hi! Perhaps our experience can help you.

We had the same problem in our organization with members of audiences disappearing after adding them to an app audience and updating the app.

It turned out the disappearing users had permissions on higher level in the workspace itself, which overruled the App audience permissions.

When we removed the permissions in the workspace, the problem was fixed. 

The permissions could be added again in the App audience and did not disappear anymore.

I hope it helps someone!

Kind regards, Lil

Ubertortle
Frequent Visitor

This is happening to me as well. Need fix asap

lindaoei
Regular Visitor

Hi I have the same issues sometimes after adding a user or security group to the audience you can see it, also later when reviewing the app settings but sometimes even after showin up by editing the app later on getting back to the audience settings the group dissapears in the front end although the access seems to be in place, this makes it hard to manage the environment as you can not rely on the frontend which groups has access

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

If that is the case, I would then try another app workspace to test if it is happening there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi!

Yep, I tried in another workspace App and it happens the same. Once this report is included in the audience and I refresh the App for the first time, everything looks good. But when I publish again the app, the report in the audience group disappears, and the audience tab is visible but with nothing inside.

Thanks!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @alicialcaide 

I have not seen it happen where something dissapears once it is published.

Could you confirm you are the only one who can make changes to the App Workspace? 

Maybe someone else is also making changes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hey!

Yes, I'm the only one with access to the App as an admin. So, there's no possibility that other user is modifying the app.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors