Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jayanthjohn

Power BI SandDance Pop Up Message "Visual is not supported and will be deprecated"

Hi All, I have downloaded and utilised the Power BI custom visual SandDance to visualize my data in 3D bar chart form. I have received, via a pop up message, information that the "Visual is not supported and will be deprecated". 1. Is there a defined date when the visual will be deprecated? 2. Will this SandDance visual be part of another existing or entirely new custom visual offering? Answers to the above will be of great help. Thanks, Jay
9 REPLIES 9
SVK
Frequent Visitor

I too have the same problem with map box visual. Please give me a solution

Screenshot_1.png

Hi @svk, @yafit , @ksipe 

I think this is because the custom visual (mapbox) has been updated. In Power BI Desktop, if you right click on the visualisation in the gallery, you'll get an "about" link. This is the latest version...

Burningsuit_0-1635349136407.png

To update the custom visual, in Power BI Desktop click "More visuals" to go to the Appsource Visuals store, search for the Custome Visual you want and download it again (click get it now). You'll get this message...

Burningsuit_1-1635349326852.png

Click "Update" and you should then have an updated copy of the custom visual in your report.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

i tried the same steps updated mapbox with latest version but still i get warning that mapbox will be deprecated.

yafit
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem with the Mapbox visual. 

Did you know what can be thr solution?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jayanthjohn,

I got the visual from the marketplace. Everything worked well by my side using the Power BI desktop Version:  2.65.5313.841 64-bit (December 2018). What is your version? Could you please update the Power Bi desktop and try again?

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I received the same message with my search boxes. I went to Power BI Marketplace, and downloaded the search visual. Once I create a searchbox using the 'updated' search visual, I got the same message. Where do we find the new search boxes?

Hi @jayanthjohn,

Has your issue been solved? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case. If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,
Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi. unfortunately, no. Seeing the message "Visual is not supported and will be deprecated" an the message tells me to replace the visuaization with and alternate one from Marketplace; replace it with what in the marketplace?

I am attaching below the version of Power BI that is used and also the pop-up message.  I have no problem using the SandDance visuals however my question is more towards the future of the visual in Power BI.

Power BI version.JPG

photo6181347968293120211.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors