Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GMRevenite
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Ribbon in excel no longer available?????

Installed Analyse in excel, however I don't see any options or downloads for publish in excel anymore.

I cannot add the Power BI ribbon in excel.

This wasn't the case last month.

Has something changed here?

This functionality is essential!!!!

8 REPLIES 8
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi  @GMRevenite 

I have tested on my side, it works well.

So i think there should be someone disable it in excel option, please follow these steps to enable it.

Access the Power BI Publisher from Excel. Upon opening following successful installation, you should get a message box advising of BI Publisher for Excel. It can be deactivated and the Power BI tab in the Excel ribbon should be visible. If it is not visible, you can check out the COM Add-ins dialog in Excel.

• Click on File and then Options in Excel to bring up the Excel Options menu
  • Select Add-Ins and use the drop-down menu at the bottom to choose COM Add-ins
  • Click on Go… to launch the following COM Add-ins window

9.JPG

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks already tried that.

Anaylse in excel downloaded and installed successfully.

Had a look for it in the COM Add-in, but I don't see "Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel"

Does anyone have a solution for this.

We have Excel 2016 and have installed Analyse in Excel but cannot see Com Add IN for Microsoft Power BI Publisher for excel

Does anyone have the download link for Power BI Publisher for excel?

I don't think it's available anymore

and I'm not talking about Analyse in excel. This does not add the Com Add In for excel.

Anyone??????

As far as I can tell with the updated to Analyse in Excel the Power BI Ribbon has gone away!!!

Also you can only use Get Data > From Power BI Dataset if you have the right office SKUs.

Would be great if Microsoft actually documented which SKU's covered this!!!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-analyze-in-excel

This feels like a step backward.

Microsoft, can you update your documentation and explain why the Power BI Ribbon is no longer available.

Can anyone figure out what Office/Excel SKUs are needed to have the Get Data > From Power BI Dataset?

Do I need to sign up for the "Office Insider Fast" programme because this is a preview feature?

So, After a long search, it seems like there is no more power BI rebbon !! and to Pin a reports or to publish from Excel to Power BI, you have to go with the following steps.

You can to File in Excel:

BI1.JPG

Then you can choose the Workspace you want to publish to:

BI2.JPG

Keep in your mind, you accounts have to match between the Power BI and the Excel.

I hope that will help.

GMRevenite
Helper I
Helper I

In the excel add in, I no longer see the option to turn on Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel.

Is this feature still available?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors