Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WAMI
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Report visuals placements changes with various publish linkes

Hi Power BI folks,

I have a very different problem to be solved.

Look at below screen shot of my report which is published as a public link and the contents looks so nice as expected by me.

Please note that i am using custom page size , height 1750 px , width 1120 px

I have circled in red , where i have placed some text buttons on the table visuals alligned as headers of the values. which is perfect in the public published link.

WAMI_0-1616495692651.png

But look at the below screenshot , when the same report page is loaded on published Power BI app , the buttons which are on the table , have slightly changed their positions badly. 

WAMI_1-1616495915515.png

What could be the reason for this behavior and what would be the fix you can suggest for me.

Regards,
Rasitha

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @WAMI ,

I understand that you have a custom page size but in the visual, do you have the Alignment option set to Auto or is it hardcoded?  What about formatting by field for that field and/or the total fields?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

WAMI
Frequent Visitor

Hi @collinq ,

Thank you for your reply, acually the mail visual is a matrix visual and field formatting is set to right to show number always in the right side. 

I am not sure that i understood what did mean by hardcorded , this is a matrix with DAX calculated measures.

Actually you see the total value right it is because i set total to show bottom , in the space of header i put those buttons with text to make the report more simple about the details , now my problem is the button alignment is always not right when i share with users the report link on power bi service.

Am i sound well to you?

Hi @WAMI ,

I am now wondering if the settings in the Column (or Row) or wherever is hardcoded or if it is "auto" for width and height?

collinq_0-1616596418617.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors