Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nasirali
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report not showing data after publishing to Service

Hello,

I have designed a report using power bi desktop. Everything is working fine in power bi desktop. As soon as i publish the report to Power BI Service, the report shows data first time i access it. But after first refresh report is empty. Data is no longer there. All the tiles in the report are empty. If i publish the report again same thing happens data is there for one or two viewing then gone.

Any pointers will be highly appreciated. 

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @GilbertQ,

Seems like i have found the problem. as mentioned in the following thread. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/After-a-scheduled-refresh-the-report-has-no-data/td-p...

I have a page level filter on the report, which has boolean value but in the data model of report data type was string. i changed it to boolean. Now report is showing data even after schedule data refresh. So far the problem has not generated again. I think this was the problem. 

Regards,

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
indhu
Helper III
Helper III

I have the same issue but there is no boolean data in the filter 😞 Not sure what is wrong

any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Indhu

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Is the data imported into the Power BI data model?

Also please ensure that there is no caching in your internet browser.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes. Data is inside data model. If i try to analyze the dataset of report via excel or something, i can see everything. Everything is there. And caching is disabled. 

So does the data disappear after a refresh via the Gateway?

Power BI Blog

NO. I dont have gateway. I am getting JSON data from web. Data refresh etc happens smootly. I can see the report once or twice after fresh publish to power bI cloud service. After 3rd time, data just does not show in the report. 

That is weird, so the data has not been refreshed?

Power BI Blog

Hi there, thank link is for Power BI Report Server.

Once again I am not sure why it is happening,I would suggest logging a support ticket to get it resolved.

Power BI Blog

Hello @GilbertQ,

Seems like i have found the problem. as mentioned in the following thread. 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/After-a-scheduled-refresh-the-report-has-no-data/td-p...

I have a page level filter on the report, which has boolean value but in the data model of report data type was string. i changed it to boolean. Now report is showing data even after schedule data refresh. So far the problem has not generated again. I think this was the problem. 

Regards,

Yes this is weird. Data is getting refreshed properly. Report is working properly on Power BI Desktop. Problem come when i deploy to service. After one or two time report is appearing empty. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors