The power BI report(.pbix) file is uploaded to one drive folder and we are acessing that report from online (power BI Destop online).
It works fine, but after making few changes locally to the .pbix file using power BI desktop application and uploaded that file to one drive folder( Replaced it). The changes are not being reflected in the power BI Report online.
Kindly please guide me how to reslove this issue. Thanks in Advance.
The power Bi report was created and uploaded the (.pbix) file to one drive folder, we are accessing the report in power bi online. It was working fine with no issues.
We did few changes to the power bi report(.pbix) file localy using power bi desktop application and then replaced the modified (.pbix) file in one drive folder but those changes are not reflecting in the application , which is accessed online.
Kindly please guide me here. Thanks in Advance.
Firstly, you need to refresh the dataset to retrieve the changes.
Secondly, the pbix file should be connected from Power BI Service rather than be published from Desktop. Please refer to the snapshot below and check out.
The report is not published from desktop. The changes what is done on the .pbix file locally(using power bi desktop application) is not reflecting in the power bi online.
1. Changes made to the .pbix file using power bi desktop application locally.
2. Uploaded(REPLACED) the .pbix file in one drive folder(sharepoint drive).
3. Refreshed the dataset in the dataset in the dataset tab of power bi online.
4. Opened the Report associated with the dataset.
But the changes made is not reflecting the power bi report.
1. Did you connect to the pbix file as I described in my last post?
2. Did you refresh it successfully? You can check it out in the settings.
3. What the changes did you make?
Can you share some snapshots and the file?