Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LON
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Report Service App - Edit Option Unavailable

Hi

Hope you can help please.   I just want to clarify what is possible with a Power BI Service App.   For example I installed the Git Hub App but notice that the "edit report" option is greyed out also the add a tile in the dashboard - is this how it is meant to be?

Thanks 

Liam

GitHubQuery.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LON,

Nope, current only the owner can edit published packs. For receivers who not has edit permission, they can only viewer apps..

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Thanks for the reply - just to be sure I understand.

I'm asking about a Microsoft published Power BI Service App - is a user of such an App always read only or can they have edit permissions?

Thanks

Liam

Hi @LON,

You can contact to MS team for correspond PBIT file to do customize and save as pbix file. After you publish this modify pbix file, you will have edit permission on published reports.

In addition, owner has permission to update app contents and publish to replace original one, it not mean he can to direct edit template app on service side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors