Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Report Builder: Premium Per User and Premium necessary?

Hello all,

I have a customer that wants to distribute personalized reports for 100+ employees on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. The reports are to be sent via e-mail in a pdf format, showing the performance of each employee for a specified period of the time. All of this should preferably be done automatically.

1) Does my customer need to buy a Premium Workspace, or is it sufficient to go with a PPU and distribute the reports from there?

2) Is it possible to automatize the generation and distribution of 100+ personalized reports using PPU and Power BI Report Builder?

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think Premium Per User is sufficient to support customer needs.

• If the customer has Premium Per User license, he or she can also subscribe others to a subscription that includes the full report attachment. For more details, you can refer Full report attachment for subscriptions for Power BI Premium reports now available. But one thing to note is that PPU is currently out of Preview and it can be available like Pro. If the subscribers want to view the report or dashboard by the link, they will need Premium Per User license as well.
  • For each report or dashboard, you can set up to 24 subscriptions and you can pass subscribers less than 200. If pass 200, you may encounter some delivery issue. Using group mail aliases instead can reduce the number. For Considerations of subscribing others, you can refer Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards in the Power BI service.
  • As for the automation of subscriptions, Power Automate is indeed a good choice.

Subscribe to others including full report attachment with PPU:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1619658697236.png

v-cazheng-msft_1-1619658697242.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I think Premium Per User is sufficient to support customer needs.

• If the customer has Premium Per User license, he or she can also subscribe others to a subscription that includes the full report attachment. For more details, you can refer Full report attachment for subscriptions for Power BI Premium reports now available. But one thing to note is that PPU is currently out of Preview and it can be available like Pro. If the subscribers want to view the report or dashboard by the link, they will need Premium Per User license as well.
  • For each report or dashboard, you can set up to 24 subscriptions and you can pass subscribers less than 200. If pass 200, you may encounter some delivery issue. Using group mail aliases instead can reduce the number. For Considerations of subscribing others, you can refer Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards in the Power BI service.
  • As for the automation of subscriptions, Power Automate is indeed a good choice.

Subscribe to others including full report attachment with PPU:

v-cazheng-msft_0-1619658697236.png

v-cazheng-msft_1-1619658697242.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Anonymous - You should be able to schdule and automate Power BI reports using Power Automate - please refer to the Microsoft documentation:

With regard to the licensing question - the Customer would have to buy a premium workspace as the reports that need to be distributed would need to be hosted on a Premium workspace for Power BI and Paginated reports. 

Hope this helps!  

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors