Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Geradav
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Power BI Report Builder - Calculate a measure based on another dataset

Hello,

I am creating a paginated report using Power BI Report Builder.

I have a chart embedded in a list attached to a dataset (dataset 1).

The chart displays a measure calculated for dataset 1 for each region.

The chart title should display another measure based on another dataset (dataset 2) for the same region.

The measure in the chart title should be similar to SUM(dataset2.[measure]) WHERE dataset2.[region] = dataset1.[region]

Not sure how to approach that with PBIRB and any help will be welcome.

Thanks

David

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Geradav 

Try below formula:

Measure 2 = SUMX(FILTER('Table',[region]=MAX('Table (2)'[region])),[Measure])

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi @v-diye-msft , Thanks for your suggestion, however, I am not using Power BI Desktop in this case but Power BI Report Builder, and I don't think I can use DAX in PBIRB. Also, data modeling and the approach to creating measures and reports are quite different.

I haven't found a dedicated forum for PBIRB, but if there is one, I'd be glad to know.

Thanks

Best regards

David

You cannot access dataset2 inside dataset1. Have you tried workaround suggestion @ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44917858/accessing-one-dataset-in-another-dataset-ssrs? Separately, if your datasource is AS (or Power BI dataset) then you can use DAX in PBIRB; its available through the Query Designer in PBIRB.

Geradav
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Thanks @rpatkar for your message.

I'll check that further and give it a try.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors