Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

EGM_Alycia

Power BI Refresh

Hello! I am new to using Power BI and have some questions about Refreshing the Data in Power BI Service.

I am using an OData feed from our Business Central DB to pull data for a report in Power BI Desktop. The Data will refresh based on changes in our database, while using the Desktop. However when the report is published to the PBI Service, the data will no longer refresh to current changes. 

Is there a connection step I am missing? Or do you need to refresh in Desktop and publish each time there are changes? 

Thank you for you help/suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @EGM_Alycia 

Here are more details on how to connect Power BI to Business Central and it depends on your setup on how you connect: Working with Power BI Reports in Business Central - Business Central | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You may need to configure a schedule refresh and possibly set up a Power BI Gateway.

Check this documentation on how to do it:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/refresh-scheduled-refresh

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors