Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Refresh on Service from Desktop Report - Google Analytics

Hello, 

I am relatively new to Power BI and trying to set up my first report that can be refreshed because the dataset is being updated with new data periodically. I have created a report in Power BI Desktop using the get data feature and imported website traffic information directly from Google Analytics. When I press the refresh button on the Desktop Report, the data refreshes and the visuals are all updated accordingly. 

I then published the report to the Power BI Service but when I press the "Refresh" button on the report in the service, the file does not refresh. How do I go about setting up the report on the service so either the refresh button works or so that i can set up a scheduled refresh. 

Thanks

Update: I was able to install a personal gateway and apply this to the dataset behind the report and it seemed to work. However, I am now wondering, do I have to always refresh both the Dataset AND the report everytime I want to refresh the visuals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Congrats on setting it up via the Personal Gateway.

You need to schedule the refresh via the settings in the Power BI Service.

Then in order to see the updated data in the report, you can either click on something in the report, or click the Refresh button (As you did previously this refreshes the cache of the report, but not the dataset)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Congrats on setting it up via the Personal Gateway.

You need to schedule the refresh via the settings in the Power BI Service.

Then in order to see the updated data in the report, you can either click on something in the report, or click the Refresh button (As you did previously this refreshes the cache of the report, but not the dataset)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors