Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI Refresh by Users ( Need best Practice sharing )

HI , 

I created the data and building the report to my team under my user name. I use Power BI Service under my user name too. 
now i'm stuck and need best practice over this. How can my other user can refresh the data for me ? 
while i'm building their report ,but  they are the one who fill in the data on excel ( One Drive Business ) . ( they won't touch my PBI desktop ).

Every Power BI refresh will be under my user name and i have less time going to power BI service and refresh by itself. i want my other team to refresh it for me. 
Do you have any best practice to share ? 

while currently. i set schedule refresh and it refreshes by itself , but my team not able to see the real data in Power BI until the time comes and they see. but tis is not a good idea to see the real report by ( Link Provided ) on time whether the report right or wrong.  Please note my team uses other users. 

thx 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chanleakna123,

You can create a app workspace, set these users as Edit members of this app workspace. 

Then you publish the report to this app workspace, these users can take over the dataset owner of this report in Dataset Settings section, to configure the dataset with their gateway is required, and set schedule refresh or refresh manually. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chanleakna123,

You can create a app workspace, set these users as Edit members of this app workspace. 

Then you publish the report to this app workspace, these users can take over the dataset owner of this report in Dataset Settings section, to configure the dataset with their gateway is required, and set schedule refresh or refresh manually. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors