Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JB81
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Published Apps - can you create subsections?

Hi

We have a requirement to create subsections within the sections of our Power BI published app.

JB81_1-1665740454470.png

If we can't have subsections we'll have to create multiple apps - one for each main section.

This means handballing more published apps across the lifecycle (dev/test/prod). Which you would have thought you could roll across the pipeline??? Why are the apps separate from the pipelines?

Anyways, if anyone could let me know if subsections are possible that would be great.

Thanks

JB

#Power BI Apps Sections Subsections 

2 REPLIES 2
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@JB81 Hi, the sub-section feature does not seem to be available at the moment.

However, you can consider multiple audience features, which help you in publishing one app for Multiple departments/audiences where you can hide/un-hide audience-specific sections and reports.

SO
Helper III
Helper III

Interestingly, I am looking for the exact solution.  I have created a System Improvement Suite comprised of about 20 different files, but we some them should be clustered under the same subheading.  This is for a school system.  In some cases we have combined the files to cluster under the same heading, but in a couple of cases some of the files are connected to live data while others are static.    

For Example 

Heading Secondary 

• Subheading (which is a file)
  • Subsection
    • File1
    • File 2
  • Subsection
    • File1
    • File 2

Heading Elementary

• Subsection 
    • File1
    • File 2
  • Subsection
    • File1
    • File 2

I have the added challenge trying to reuse the same file twice.  For example, we have a file called suspensions and we'd like to use it in the  Elementary Menu and in the Secondary Menu.  The only work around that I can find is to create two versions of the same file.  

JB, thanks for raising this question.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors