Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Amomin1988
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Pro vs Premium

Hi All,

I am looking into Power BI premium and Pro.  I'm kind of at a loss of what direction I should go in.  I work for a large corporation but am part of a small team of 5 people.  Of the 5, I am the only one that creates reports.  We have 4 report templates that we utilize for over 400 clients.  One of my teammates has created an application that pulls data from our internal tool and creates individual CSVs with raw data with the same formatting for every single client. 

The template I created has manipulated said data, added calculations, measures, and visualizations.  The process up until now has been me going through every single client, one by one, going to data source settings in Power BI, changing the data source to the next client, refreshing and exporting to PDF.  The problem I'm running into (aside from the inefficiency) is that some clients have more data than others.  PDF reports only print whats  on the screen on every page.  If a visualization has a vertical scroll bar, that data wont be printed.

My question is this: Can I created PDF reports with PRO or even the free version where all the information gets printed within visualizations that have scroll bars?  If not, does that mean Premium is my best bet since I can create paginated reports that way?  

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amomin1988 ,

For general reports (no matter what license we used), it's impossible to export to PDF without scroll bar. Currently, we have to make the visual show all data or export data from the visual and print them, then combine two PDF.

1.PNG

For paginated reports (need Premium license), they are best for scenarios that require a highly formatted, pixel-perfect output optimized for printing or PDF generation. A profit and loss statement is a good example of the type of report you would probably want to create as a paginated report.  For your requirement, I think it's a good idea as well. You could reference the document : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-faq  to understand more specific questions.

However, we need to purchase Premium license firstly and then enjoy the dedicated resources. You could reference the document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-what-is  to learn about it completely. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Amomin1988 ,

For general reports (no matter what license we used), it's impossible to export to PDF without scroll bar. Currently, we have to make the visual show all data or export data from the visual and print them, then combine two PDF.

1.PNG

For paginated reports (need Premium license), they are best for scenarios that require a highly formatted, pixel-perfect output optimized for printing or PDF generation. A profit and loss statement is a good example of the type of report you would probably want to create as a paginated report.  For your requirement, I think it's a good idea as well. You could reference the document : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/paginated-reports-faq  to understand more specific questions.

However, we need to purchase Premium license firstly and then enjoy the dedicated resources. You could reference the document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-what-is  to learn about it completely. 

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors