Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

datavis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI Pro licensing and report viewing

Can unlicensed users view Power BI reports developed by a Power BI Pro licensed user? I selected Embed in SharePoint Online and placed the link provided on our internal SharePoint page. I can see the file but no one else on the team can see it. What do I need to do to make the report viewable by unlicensed users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My document must be secure. I understand that I can publish to web but the new message says you cannot publish to web and share internally including through email, your internal network, or intranet site. It also says it is synchronized with the source in Power BI and any changes will immediately be reflected in the published public version. This is different from the message I got yesterday. The one I got yesterday said Microsoft may display the report on a public website or a public gallery. I cannot share this confidential report.

We purchased Power BI Pro for the security reason alone and now we cannot publish our files. It would have been nice if this information had been on the Power BI website prior to the purchase that Power BI Pro would no longer be able to publish "Embed in SharePoint Online."

Publish Warning.PNG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @datavis,

The users should have access to the repost that you embed in service, then they could see the report in sharepoint. So here I suggest you to share the report by publishing it to web. Then all the users can view the report with the link. (the free users can view it as well)

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

My document must be secure. I understand that I can publish to web but the new message says you cannot publish to web and share internally including through email, your internal network, or intranet site. It also says it is synchronized with the source in Power BI and any changes will immediately be reflected in the published public version. This is different from the message I got yesterday. The one I got yesterday said Microsoft may display the report on a public website or a public gallery. I cannot share this confidential report.

We purchased Power BI Pro for the security reason alone and now we cannot publish our files. It would have been nice if this information had been on the Power BI website prior to the purchase that Power BI Pro would no longer be able to publish "Embed in SharePoint Online."

Publish Warning.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you publish it to the web the data is public and anyone can see it. I have a pro licence and I want to publish it to free users in my organisation. How can do it? My company has sharepoint. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors