Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MSMPekowski
Regular Visitor

Power BI Pro install

We have purchased 3 licenses, now how do I install Power BI pro?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @MSMPekowski,

After purchasing the 3 licenses, we want to be able to use PBI pro after the "60 day trial" ends.

We need to let the PBI.Com website know that they are licensed.

We do not use O365.

How did you purchase the licenses? Did you purchase Power BI Pro as an individual? If you have finished the purchasing there successfully, then the account you used for purchasing should already be Power BI Pro account. When you are in the service, you can verify that you have a Pro account by going to the gear icon and selecting Manage personal storage.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@MSMPekowski You dont have to install anything after power bi pro, it gets applied to your account in powerbi.com. If you organistion has O365 then you as admin can assign pro licenses to users in your organisation. For pbi desktop you don't need Pro license. check out how to apply power bi pro here.

I'm glad that I won't have to install anything after Power BI Pro. What I want to know is how to install Power BI pro? I don't require having anyting applied to my account in powerbi.com, I require licensing 3 clients in my orgainzation. We don't use O365. We have installed pbi desktop, but want the additional features of pbi pro.

Hi @MSMPekowski,

We have installed pbi desktop, but want the additional features of pbi pro.

What additional features of Power BI Pro do you need for Power BI Desktop? As far as I know, Power BI Desktop is a free desktop application you can install right on your own computer. And there is no additional features of Power BI Pro for Power BI Desktop.Smiley Happy

Reference: 

What is Power BI Desktop?

Power BI Pro

Regards

My client says that publishing the data to the Power BI Pro cloud is a feature he requires from Power BI Pro. I've them up with the 60 day trial version and so all I need to do now is input the licenses. It's not immediately obvious how to do so.

Hi @MSMPekowski,

There is no option to input licenses for Power BI Desktop(as it is free). And you don't need to do that. Your client should be able to publish data to his/her Pro account of the Power BI Service. Does your client has any issue with publishing data to Power BI Service?

Regards

The error message one of my clients (who does not want to use the 60 day trial and would rather just use PBI pro) is getting...

"This content pack is a Power BI Pro feature

To connect to this content pack, try Power BI Pro for 60 days, or contact your Office 365 tenant administrator to purchase Power BI Pro."

My clients do not have any problems publishing to the PBI Cloud as we have clicked on the "60 day trial" for PBI Pro on the PBI website.

We are not going to use PBI Desktop anymore as we require the additional features of PBI Pro.

After purchasing the 3 licenses, we want to be able to use PBI pro after the "60 day trial" ends.

We do not use O365.

Hi @MSMPekowski,

We do not use O365.

How did you purchase the licenses? Did you purchase Power BI Pro as an individual? If you have finished the purchasing there successfully, then the account you used for purchasing should already be Power BI Pro account. When you are in the service, you can verify that you have a Pro account by going to the gear icon and selecting Manage personal storage.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors