cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niroberts Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Pro - how to tell?

We purchased Power BI pro licenses.  I asked my O365 admin to enable them for me and my team.

How can I tell if I am actually using the Pro license?  

Thanks,

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
runtim Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI Pro - how to tell?

Check your storage size by clickking the gear (Settings) in the upper right hand corner.  If you have the Pro license you should have 10 GB to use.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
runtim Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Check your storage size by clickking the gear (Settings) in the upper right hand corner.  If you have the Pro license you should have 10 GB to use.

View solution in original post

vivek_jain Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi @runtim , that does'nt seem to be a correct answer. Even for Trail version it will show as "should have 10 GB" to use.

The way to check can be : my workspace -- > Settings Gear Icon -- > Manage Personal Storage  . If you are a pro user , then beside your user account name you will see "Pro user" written . Else if its trail , it says "Pro Trial user".

This is my observation , but someone from microsoft powerbi team can put stamp to this information.

Frede Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Is there any way in Power BI Desktop to tell the license of the currently logged in account? 

/Fredrik

ItIs_Me New Member

I checked this way - Click on settings on the top right corner of the screen. Then click on 'Manage personal storage'. This should come up with your name, personal strorage allowance, and also tell you if you are a pro user.  

Mrab Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello @ItIs_Me@v-diye-msft 

Thank you for your reply. I'm a pro user. Please find attached a snapshot for the Pro user.

Is there another way this can be solved. There are no RLS, I'm the owner of the dataset. Also, the option for share used to be there before, but it just disappeared. Attached is the second image of another pro user, and you will be able to see the share option in that. I used to have it before, but it just disappeared.

Thank you,

#.

Capture.PNGImage showing that I'M a Power Bi Pro user.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGThis is my Power BI. The arrow points where The option was before it just disappeared..

Highlighted

Hi @vivek_jain, Thanks you made my day.

You have given the proper answer that how to check if user has Power BI Pro license or not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

Meet the 2020 Season 1 Power BI Super Users!

It’s the start of a new Super User season! Learn all about the new Super Users and brand-new tiered recognition system.

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Super User Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're celebrating the start of the New Super User season with our first ever Super User 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Power Platform Online Conference

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors