Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nasirali
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Pro for Individual User

Hello,

I had applied for Power BI Pro trial for individual user. Which worked quite nicely. Now trial period has expired. And i want to buy the Power BI Pro for Individual User. So that i can embed my reports in applications. 

But every link i follow to buy the license they are taking me to Office 365 -> Admin area. Can someone guid me how can i buy the license without Office 365? So that it is stand alone user not binded to Office 365?

Any pointer will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Sorry for late reply. What i have found out that When you have azure account. you can login to office 365 portal with your azure subscription account (you don't need office 365 account) and there you can buy license for Power BI Individual user. And the user you are buying the license for should be inside you azure active directory.

Regards,

Nasir Ali

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nasirali,

According to the document, it seems like power bi only support purchase subscription in Office 365, you can refer to below article to know more about this:

Purchasing Power BI Pro

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

hI;

Thanks for reply. I read this tutorial before. Can you verify one thing. I read in some other post that the user for which i want to buy power bi pro, does not have to be a office 365 account. It can be a simple AAD account inside office 365. Is it right?

Regards,

Hi @nasirali,

I haven't found a way to purchase it by personal use. Only the organization IT and office admin has the permission to subscript this linceness.

If you need, you can build a personal tenant to achieve these operations.

How to create a Trial Tenant in Office 365

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Sorry for late reply. What i have found out that When you have azure account. you can login to office 365 portal with your azure subscription account (you don't need office 365 account) and there you can buy license for Power BI Individual user. And the user you are buying the license for should be inside you azure active directory.

Regards,

Nasir Ali

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nasirali wrote:

Hi Xiaoxin Sheng,

Regards,

Nasir Ali

Can you explain how to do this? I just signed up for a free trial of azure and I can't figure out how to do it. I'm trying to learn how to use power bi with the edX course. You need access to power bi pro for the course.

Hi, 

After the azure trial. Go to https://portal.office.com and login with your azure portal account. When you login, i dont remember correctly, but you will find the user administration. It will contain the list of users inside your azure Actice directory. Select one for which you want to buy the license and in the list search for power bi pro license, pay the amount with credit card or whatever is available to you. you now have power bi pro for individual user. 

Atleast this is how i did a while back. Hope it helps. 

Regards,

Nasir Ali

Can you explain how to do this? I just signed up for a free trial of Azure and can't find out how to do this.

In general, Microsoft should make it easier for individuals to get power BI. I want to learn the system by completing a course with edX but I can't get access to the power bi pro that I need for the class.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors