Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chris_Ruddick
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Pro - Free Trials & When to upgrade users?

I am currently using Power BI Pro to share a report with a number of end users.

Some of these users are also on Power BI Pro, while others are making use of the free trial version. As new users come on board they are all recieving the free-trial for a number of months.

We would not like to upgrade the users on free-trials until these trials have expired, but I also don't want any users to have any downtime.

Q1 - If we upgrade someone on a free trial of Pro to the paid Pro version, do we still pay while the free trial is active?

Q2 - Is there any way to be notified when users free trials are set to expire? Perhaps a list of all users and their free trial days remaining?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Chris_Ruddick 

Q1 - If we upgrade someone on a free trial of Pro to the paid Pro version, do we still pay while the free trial is active?

Yes as you have turned to Pro, remember Pro will have more features to use

Q2 - Is there any way to be notified when users' free trials are set to expire? Perhaps a list of all users and their free trial days remaining?

It will show (number of days),RHS Top, i think you are aware of the same, not sure, only admin can have that sort of View, not sure

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Chris_Ruddick 

Yes as you have turned to Pro, remember Pro will have more features to use

Q2 - Is there any way to be notified when users' free trials are set to expire? Perhaps a list of all users and their free trial days remaining?

It will show (number of days),RHS Top, i think you are aware of the same, not sure, only admin can have that sort of View, not sure

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors