Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Matas
Advocate II
Advocate II

Power BI Pro. Cannot share the Dashboard to external users (from EU to USA)

Hi,

Maybe someone has faced this issue before. I have a Pro license and I am trying to share my Dashboard with external users, one from the EU and another from the USA (my location is the EU too). The weird thing is that when I share my Dashboard with the external users, the one that lives in the EU, he is able to view the Dashboard but the one from the USA is not. I have added the user via Azure B2B, added it inside the Power BI as well but no results. 

Also, getting this error message about enabling settings (see the picture). But I do not have such a setting in my Admin portal to enable multi-geo locations.

Regards,

Matas

Untitled123.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @Matas 

You need to enable the Admin setting "Share data with your Microsoft 365 services", which is off by default. 

Burningsuit_0-1632305655890.png

Obviously you need Admin access to do this. You can find more detail about this setting and Admin options generally here Power BI admin portal - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Matas
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Burningsuit 

I hope that you still could help me. I marked your answer as a solution, but it was not in this case. Yesterday I enabled the setting as you said, but it did not impact my issue, I am still getting the same error (picture1) and my client still receives the error message (picture 2). Maybe you have any idea how to solve it and share Dashboard successfully across different regions?

Regards,

Matas 

Picture 1Picture 1Picture 2Picture 2

Hi @Matas 

I can't say I know what's going on here. But there a few things you can try.

Firstly simply try it again, changes to Admin setting often take some time to apply it may just be that this change needs time to propogate.

Another thing to try would be to have this same setting set on the other tennant you're trying to connect with. Its not clear from the documentation whether this needs to be set at both ends, but it's worth a try.

If these things don't fix the problem, then raise a Support Ticket with Microsoft (from "Help & Support", "Get Help") As that "something went wrong" error needs reporting.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Thanks, @Burningsuit  for the quick response. I will try the following steps.

Regards,

Matas

My current setting, according your solution:

Screenshot_2.png

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @Matas 

You need to enable the Admin setting "Share data with your Microsoft 365 services", which is off by default. 

Burningsuit_0-1632305655890.png

Obviously you need Admin access to do this. You can find more detail about this setting and Admin options generally here Power BI admin portal - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Hi @Burningsuit 

Are you sure that users using the Power BI Pro version can access such settings? Since it is difficult for me to navigate and find this specific setting. Hope you can help 

Regards,

Matas

Hi @Matas 

It should be under the "Admin Portal", "Tenant Settings"

Burningsuit_0-1632310892914.png

If you're not seeing this, it is probable that you are not an Admin for your Power BI tenant. That may be your Office 365 Admin, or it may be the first person to register for Power BI with your domain.

Either way, once you have Administrator rights you should be able to see the option as detailed above.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors