Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msantibanez

Power BI Premium - Troubles with Guest Power BI user with their Power BI Interface plattform

Hi everyone,

Really I need help. Currently we are use Power BI Premium and we have guest users who have available Power BI Reports into Power BI Premium Workspaces.

Before Power BI Premium update, our guest users were available to click on "Share with me" option and they could see all their shared report in any Power BI Premium workspaces, but now, the option "Share with me" dissapered and currently, users can't access to Power BI Reports.

msantibanez_0-1624467072646.png

¿How can I to activate "Shared with me" option again on our Power BI Premium suscription?

6 REPLIES 6
msantibanez

Hi @v-xulin-mstf 

Thanks for your response. Exactly, external users must be invited to our Tenant, first by Azure AD B2B and next step is an invitation in Power BI Plattform, in workspace / report, and the example user report is currently invited in workspace and reports.

The problem is this user can't see all his reports, and I don't know the reason. He can't see the shared reports on his External Power BI interface.

Hi @msantibanez,

Is your issue solved?

If the issue has been solved, please adopt the solution to help others.

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Hi @msantibanez,

Are users receiving emails properly?

Could you provide the screenshot of the issue?

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msantibanez,

According to the official documentation, external users need an invitation link to access the content.

vxulinmstf_0-1624953981913.png

Please refer:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-report-subscribe#external-users

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

msantibanez

@Fowmy 

Thank you for your help, but, when you enter as a Guest user in a Power BI Premium environment, features like workspaces and left menu are unavailable because all these features are for Tenant users.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@msantibanez 

They can still access the "Shared With Me" on the left navigation menu I think.

Fowmy_0-1624467299578.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors