Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

geedavies
Regular Visitor

Power BI Premium Private Connectivity

Can someone please explain the connectivity options for Power BI Premium? We were told by a Microsoft representitive that Power BI Premium would allow us to communicate from Power BI Service to our Firewalled Storage accounts over private networking.

However, I have been unable to find any documentation on this. Currently Power BI Service has a large address range that you must add to your Firewall to allow Dataflows for example access to your DataLake.

Does Power BI Premium narrow that large address range down? Can you specify address ranges where your dedicated instance will be hosted etc?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @geedavies ,

Is this feature?

But even Pro users can use it.

v-lionel-msft_0-1605857718052.png

Private links for accessing Power BI 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

What you are looking for is Azure Relay: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-relay/relay-what-is-it

And here are more details: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/analysis-services/analysis-services-gateway

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi - I'm not sure how the azure relay service would integrate with Power BI. 

The second solution is concerning application gateways. We have looked at power Bi gateway previously but didn't really want to stand up any infrastructure such as VMs in the cloud that we would have to support. 

Are the only options available to us to use a gateway - either Power BI or Application?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors