Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cjemmott
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI Premium Performance Monitoring

I have a Power BI Premium instance, and would like to monitor the performance to know if I need to upgrade the size and also to know how much usage the machine is getting (views, etc).  

I found the "Power BI Usage Metrics" view, but it has two limitations that I am trying to overcome.  First, I am running this in a multi-tenant setup, where each tenant has their own workspace, and the usage metrics seem to be limited to a single workspace.  I would like a similar report for all workspaces (preferably with the color legend being workspace!).

Second, I can't see any way to look at how the Power BI Premium server itself is doing.  We are slowly turning on additional customers, but I can't tell how to see if we are overloading the current server.  Is there a way to monitor this?

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@cjemmott

1. "Power BI Usage Metrics" view is only for single workspace. You can't combine multiple tenant usage into same view.

2. Currently, there's no detail running log of these cloud workspalce for end users.

I suggest you submit requests for both features on idea.

Regards,

I am pretty concerned that I have no way to know when user experience is degraded or when I need to upgrade.

I added the idea like you suggested:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/20443129-power-bi-premium-perform...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors