Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Premium Per User Capacity

Hello everyone, 

I have a Power BI Premium Per User license and a dataset (976Mo) which I would like to format as a large dataset to get a premium workspace with my license in order to suscribe to a report and get a PDF but it's not working...

Does any one know what's the problem ?

Thanks alot for reading me,

Melissa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Which bit isn't working ? Large Dataset Support, Subscription or PDF ?

Generally to do this, you need to create a Workspace and mark it as "Premium Per User" with Large Dataset Format....

Burningsuit_0-1644315830908.png

Once you've created the Workspace, publish your Report and Dataset to it, from there you can create your Subscription with full report attachment.

Burningsuit_1-1644316008789.png

The key, I think, is that a PPU licence gives you to ability to create PPU workspaces, it is only when you place content in these PPU workspaces that you get all the PPU benefits.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

Which bit isn't working ? Large Dataset Support, Subscription or PDF ?

Generally to do this, you need to create a Workspace and mark it as "Premium Per User" with Large Dataset Format....

Burningsuit_0-1644315830908.png

Once you've created the Workspace, publish your Report and Dataset to it, from there you can create your Subscription with full report attachment.

Burningsuit_1-1644316008789.png

The key, I think, is that a PPU licence gives you to ability to create PPU workspaces, it is only when you place content in these PPU workspaces that you get all the PPU benefits.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for your help.

Indeed that's what I did but it didn't work when I tried to suscribe because the report was more than 20 pages. Once i limited the number of my pages to 20, it worked perfectly.

Best regardes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors