Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Premium Monitoring

We are running workspaces on the P1 capacity - Lately, we are seeing Memory Thrashing issues with the capacity -

• Is there a way to view more details on when this is happening?
  • Is there a way to see reports which are consuming excessive memory?
  • If not, what is the best way to debug this further?

Screenshot_1.png

4 REPLIES 4
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Anonymous,

Actually, you can see some more details. 

1. Go to below page to see the metrics as shown in your message

premium 1premium 1

2. Press on any of these 4 metric and you will be directed to charts.

Go to chart type you need and press Export data

premium 2premium 2

3. Then it will be saved as CSV file like below. From which you can find peaks and build charts which you need.

premium 3premium 3

Regards,

Ruslan

skocheta
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @Anonymous - Where can I see this type of record.

I have been facing out of memory exceptions on seemilingy small data set and measures so wanted to dig around.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Currently, there is no existing detailed log associated with above usage metrics for end users, an idea about this issue has been submitted in this link, please vote it up.

As a temporary workaround, you can use  audit log in Power BI Service to check who is viewing what and how often, and administrate your reports/workspaces.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am seeing this same warning on our service and would like to know more information. Also, seeing some issues when a user is trying to republish a report to the service. I am not sure if this dues to memory issues with the report not being re-published.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors