Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics refresh failing

Hi there

The auto refresh of PBI Premium Capacity Metrics has been failing for the last 3 nights. Tried to refresh manually but failed again. The error message im getting is 

Data source error:We cannot convert a value of type Record to type List.. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action. Table: PaginatedReportUsage.

Can someone please help me with this as I am unsure how to resolve and find out which dataset is at fault. All publish reports are running successfully. Just the Premium metrics one is failing

Many thanks

Karen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi there

Thanks for replying to my issue and apologies for late response.

Unfortunately there is still an issue. Microsoft are aware and are in throws of resolving.

Kind regards

Karen

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi all

Are you still experiencing this issue as I am. Refresh still failing

K

Anonymous
Not applicable

I solved it by doing this

Additional steps to use the Premium Capacity Monitoring app with Power BI Embedded

This same app can be used to monitor any A SKU capacities you may have in Power BI Embedded. They will appear in the report provided you’re an admin of the capacity. Refresh of the report can fail unless you grant certain permissions to Power BI on your A SKUs. This can be done by opening your capacity in the Azure portal, clicking on Access control (IAM) and adding the “Power BI Premium” app to the Reader role. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/premium-capacity-metrics-app-new-health-center-with-kpis-to...

Hi there

Thanks for replying to my issue and apologies for late response.

Unfortunately there is still an issue. Microsoft are aware and are in throws of resolving.

Kind regards

Karen

Hi Karen, the support page no longer shows this issue as active as of this morning, but I'm still experience the same error as the original poster stated.

Edit:  Sorry, you are the original poster, thought you were a microsoft employee for a second.

I'm getting the same error too when I try to refresh Premium Capacity Metrics

Apparantly the issue hasn't yet been resolved. 😞

@KarenFingerhut Try redownloading the Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app.  I had an older version from a few months ago and then redownloaded it just now which is Version 8.  I was then able to refresh the dataset.  See if that also works for you 🙂

Good thinking 🙂

Thank you i'll give it a go. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors