Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JaneLHunt
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App Hanging on Installation - Bug?

Hi

I have set up P1 Premium Capacity in my Tenant, I am a Capacity Admin as well as Power BI Admin.  I attempted to install the Premium Capacity Metrics App as detailed here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-monitoring-capabilities-for-power-bi-premium-capacities...

However, it just hangs with the message Hang on while I load a few things....  It's been attempting to install for over an hour.

Is there anything wrong with the service at the moment?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaneLHunt,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 84382651.

PG team created a bug to track this issue and fix it in the next app release. ETA for the new app release with the fix: 10/1/18.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

JaneLHunt
Helper II
Helper II

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your reply.  I just tried installing it again this morning and it worked.  I notice that a blog was posted yesterday announcing a new release of the Premium Capacity Metrics App, so maybe it was just a timing issue of releasing at same time I was installing?.... Anyway, it seems to have installed OK now. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
noahsdonaldson
Frequent Visitor

This is an old post but it seems to be doing this same thing again, gets to the "please hold on while we load a few things..." and just sits.  I've tried it on two different tenants where I am the Power BI Admin.  I've got other company apps that work just fine. 

I'm having the same issue. I know I should be able to install this app as "Capacity Admin" so it's not a permission issue.

But I'm getting stuck at the screen with "Please hold on while we load a few things..." it's been like that for the last several hours. Tried different network, browser, etc....

kevhav
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Help, this is also happening for all users in my organization now, too, just in the last day or two.

JaneLHunt
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Yes this may be closed now.  Many thanks.

Kind regards

Jane

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaneLHunt,

It might be. As the issue is resolved now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JaneLHunt
Helper II
Helper II

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your reply.  I just tried installing it again this morning and it worked.  I notice that a blog was posted yesterday announcing a new release of the Premium Capacity Metrics App, so maybe it was just a timing issue of releasing at same time I was installing?.... Anyway, it seems to have installed OK now. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaneLHunt,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 84382651.

PG team created a bug to track this issue and fix it in the next app release. ETA for the new app release with the fix: 10/1/18.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors