cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JaneLHunt Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App Hanging on Installation - Bug?

Hi

I have set up P1 Premium Capacity in my Tenant, I am a Capacity Admin as well as Power BI Admin.  I attempted to install the Premium Capacity Metrics App as detailed here:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-monitoring-capabilities-for-power-bi-premium-capacities...

However, it just hangs with the message Hang on while I load a few things....  It's been attempting to install for over an hour.

Is there anything wrong with the service at the moment?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App Hanging on Installation - Bug?

Hi @JaneLHunt,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 84382651.

PG team created a bug to track this issue and fix it in the next app release. ETA for the new app release with the fix: 10/1/18.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your reply.  I just tried installing it again this morning and it worked.  I notice that a blog was posted yesterday announcing a new release of the Premium Capacity Metrics App, so maybe it was just a timing issue of releasing at same time I was installing?.... Anyway, it seems to have installed OK now. 

5 REPLIES 5
Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @JaneLHunt,

The same issue has been reported internally: CRI 84382651.

PG team created a bug to track this issue and fix it in the next app release. ETA for the new app release with the fix: 10/1/18.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Re: Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App Hanging on Installation - Bug? - Status changed to: Accepted

Frequent Visitor

HI @v-qiuyu-msft

Thanks for your reply.  I just tried installing it again this morning and it worked.  I notice that a blog was posted yesterday announcing a new release of the Premium Capacity Metrics App, so maybe it was just a timing issue of releasing at same time I was installing?.... Anyway, it seems to have installed OK now. 

Moderator v-qiuyu-msft

Hi @JaneLHunt,

It might be. As the issue is resolved now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft

Yes this may be closed now.  Many thanks.

Kind regards

Jane

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 341 members 3,677 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: