Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

acp8888
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Online Report Refresh Slow

I have a report built using an import data set from a cube. In Power BI Desktop, this report takes around a minute to refresh. When I publish this report to an App Workspace, it takes over 40 minutes to refresh. The report has some fairly complex DAX logic but I'm having trouble identifying why this would take so much longer to refresh online versus in the desktop version. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the response! After some more digging I found that the report refreshes once upon upload, then after that it fails due to an "internal service error". I was able to find a few threads with people facing this problem and seems like the only fix was to re-install or restart the gateway. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Report in Service uses the Gateway in order to connect to Data Source. The Installed Gateway should be close to the Data source if not you will have Network Latency between the Gateway Installed Machine and Data Source, that may slow down your processing time.

I think live connected report would be much better instead of Import mode from the cube. 

Thanks for the response! After some more digging I found that the report refreshes once upon upload, then after that it fails due to an "internal service error". I was able to find a few threads with people facing this problem and seems like the only fix was to re-install or restart the gateway. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors