Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sid10
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI Online Map Location Display different from Desktop

I have locations in a power BI map that is based on a concatenated field of 'street address, city, state, and zip code'. 

The map in powerbi desktop displays the locations correctly, but after publishing it online, the locations are displayed differently [depending on the browser]. IE and Firefox show it correctly, while Chrome and Edge are displaying it wrong [i.e. the locations point to other states in the US, although all locations are in Indiana]! 

Any body else experience this? Any suggestions? Thank you very much. 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to the Modelling Tab, select the location column and set the data category as "Place" or "Address".

Thanks for that advise. I did that, but the issue of displaying locations still remains browser dependent.

prihana
Helper V
Helper V

Something similar happed to me. The root cause was the same ocation name was there in another state. And PowerBI randomley pics either one of thsose locations. 

To tackle this you can alwasys feed Geo cordinates of the locations if possible. 

Yes, that does happen as well, but not so in this case, when I have a concatenated address with all the info. Also, why the difference between browsers?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors