Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SanjanaKotecha
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Online Cut Some Lines

Hi,

I am publishing one of the PBI File into the PBI Service.

For unknown reason, the service cut my lines. It does not happen in the local PBI file.

This is the example of the published files via PBI service in comparison to the PBI desktop:

Cut lines in PBI service (Chrome)

Cut Lines in PBI ServiceCut Lines in PBI Service

vs line missing in Microsoft Edge

Missing Lines Ms EdgeMissing Lines Ms Edge

vs the local file

Same File in the local file opened with PBI DesktopSame File in the local file opened with PBI Desktop

This is only one line examples, but there are a few similar lines.

Strangely, not all the lines have the same behavior.

I wonder if anyone has ever experienced this before.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@venal @GilbertQ 

I have got an explanation from the Product Team that this is the problem of the browsers.

How the lines were cut:

• I used space character with underlines to create lines
  • Each browser renders the space character differently. Microsoft Edge trims multiple sequential spaces. Other browser might render lines bigger so somehow the lines are split into multiple lines in different location, which is rather unpredictable.

Solutions:

• From the product team (a): If we want to create lines with characters from our keyboard, we can use underscores instead of underlines.
  • From my workaround (b): I reduce the number of underlined spaces by pressing backspace, so the dashboard is still rendered nicely even though some browser might render it bigger.
  • From my workaround (c): When (b) does not work, I just deleted all the underlined spaces and recreated them. For some reasons it worked.

Notes:

• There are better ways to create lines apart from using our keyboard, but let's contain the issue to the current problem
  • Microsoft Edge will still trim the underlined space if we use solution (b) and (c). However, it works in Chrome.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there,

This could be due to the browsers rendering them differently.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Thank you for your answer.

Do we have a workaround about this?

The dashboard used to be all right (no line cut).

Suddenly the lines were cut this morning.

Hi there

Possibly there might be a change on the service or your browser.

What happens if you had to clear all your browser cache?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ Clearing the cache both in the Chrome and Edge do not solve the problem.

It also happens in other computers accessing my PBI service.

Thanks for that. I am not sure why it is happening to be totally honest. I would suggest logging a support ticket?

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ 

Thank you again for the response.

I did log a ticket. If there is any news, I will also update on this forum if there is anything that might be helpful.

@SanjanaKotecha 

please share the support ticket number here for reference.

I submitted the ticket #119112623000107. 

@venal 

@venal @GilbertQ 

I have got an explanation from the Product Team that this is the problem of the browsers.

How the lines were cut:

• I used space character with underlines to create lines
  • Each browser renders the space character differently. Microsoft Edge trims multiple sequential spaces. Other browser might render lines bigger so somehow the lines are split into multiple lines in different location, which is rather unpredictable.

Solutions:

• From the product team (a): If we want to create lines with characters from our keyboard, we can use underscores instead of underlines.
  • From my workaround (b): I reduce the number of underlined spaces by pressing backspace, so the dashboard is still rendered nicely even though some browser might render it bigger.
  • From my workaround (c): When (b) does not work, I just deleted all the underlined spaces and recreated them. For some reasons it worked.

Notes:

• There are better ways to create lines apart from using our keyboard, but let's contain the issue to the current problem
  • Microsoft Edge will still trim the underlined space if we use solution (b) and (c). However, it works in Chrome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors