Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pbix
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI New Look

Hi All, 

Quick question if you don't mind. Just watching the Power BI summit presentation from yesterday. It demos the Power BI 'new look' - however I don't see this option in my tenant. Is there a setting somewhere that I need to turn on to preview the new look? Or is it not available in all regions yet?

TY,

pbix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @pbix , Thank you for reaching out. I see you are asking about the new look in Power BI Service, this will ship late July. We are in the last mile of execution. Please watch out for a blog post with dates and details.  

Thanks,

Soumya

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-juanli-msft @pbix 

Pages Pane is kind of a Pain 😉

Listing the report pages in a pane takes up a LOT of real estate and makes the report area much smaller and more difficult to view.

Is there a way to display the pages below or even above the report area?

I agree. The report I publish visibility is diminished too much. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the Pages pane starts in the top left.

UI designers know that Westerners read down from the top left then across each page, so we design dashboards to be read that way. ( filters on the left, graphs across the page, that is the order we want the users to work.)

Having the Pages Pane in that location means users spend their initial time looking at the Page names, not the dashboard visualisations which is not the best use of their time.

Having the pages across the bottom like Excel means Excel-literate users don't need to be retrained.

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @pbix 

"Power BI summit presentation"?

Do you mean Microsoft Business Applications Summit at 06-12-2019 from this link?

"new look"

Do you mean all panes, the footer, and view switcher to be a lighter color?

3.png

This is the new feature of Power BI Desktop June 2019, please update to the last version.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-juanli-msft , 

Thanks - yes it was the microsoft business applications summit presentation on Power BI. In the presentation there was a slider button in thr service for:

nl.png

I've downloaded Power BI June 2019 and uploaded a test report/dashboard - I just couldn't see how to access the 'new look' button in the Power BI service - the service view I used is still the classsic black/yellow scheme.

Thanks

pbix

Hi @pbix , Thank you for reaching out. I see you are asking about the new look in Power BI Service, this will ship late July. We are in the last mile of execution. Please watch out for a blog post with dates and details.  

Thanks,

Soumya

Thanks @Soumyavijay . I thought it might have been available in beta to see what it will look like ahead of shipping, but if not then no problem - I will look forward to July. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors