Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Metrics app - CPU consumption

Hello!

This is regarding the new version of Power BI Premium metrics app (version 1.10.1.1). Under the Resource Consumption tab, how do we determine if the percent of CPU utilized in the CPU consumption is alarming for a capacity? From the previous versions of the app, CPU consumption shows the number of times it exceeded 80% CPU utilization per hour.

CPU consumption.png

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi there

i would suggest that the New Metrics App is better and has more details than the previous version. Which only shows it once, whilst the top chart shows more frequency.

With regards to the CPU consumption I would say that your system is busy, but because it is not getting to 100% or flat lining at 100% it is performing well.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

Pleasure glad it helped you find the solution

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Based on your image above it does spike up to just over 80%, but it does not hit 100%.

It also appears that it hits 80% for short periods of time, which I would think is ok. You could possibly look at the Power BI model and see if there are any optimizations that can be done in the data model or DAX to improve the query performance.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @GilbertQ ,

Thank you for answering. Does that mean if it hits 100%, it exceeded its CPU consumption on that day? If it hits the 100%, is it alarming?

Also, How does the CPU consumption chart relate to the CPU-Times exceeded 80% utilization per hour for the last 7 days chart in the Admin Portal? The reason I'm asking this because previously the CPU consumption chart in the metrics app is different, before it shows the number of times it exceeded 80% utilization.

CPU consumption.pngCPU utilization admin portal.PNG

Hi there

i would suggest that the New Metrics App is better and has more details than the previous version. Which only shows it once, whilst the top chart shows more frequency.

With regards to the CPU consumption I would say that your system is busy, but because it is not getting to 100% or flat lining at 100% it is performing well.

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gilbert! 

Pleasure glad it helped you find the solution

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors