Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheDataB

Power BI Measures not showing up in Excel refreshed Pivot Table field list

I have a large data model created in Power BI and uploaded to our workspace. In excel we create a data connection to the workspace in order to create Pivot Tables sourced from the Power BI data model.

The problem arises if we create a new measure that we want to incorporate into one of the existing Pivot Tables. We will republish the data model to our workspace, refresh the data model connection in excel, but the new measure does not show up in the Pivot Table field list.

The funny thing is we can create a new data connection by creating a new Pivot Table, and the new measure will now be available. We can even change our data connection on the old Pivot Table to the new data connection (which is the same as the new Pivot Table that works properly), but it still does not show the new desired measures in the field list.

I am at a loss why these new measures aren't being updated and can't imagine this is how it is supposed to work. The nature of our work is dynamic and we may want to create new measures and report on them, but not have to keep rebuilding separate Pivot Tables and creating new data connections every time we want to test a new measure. I hope there is a solution for this.

Thanks!

TheDataB

2 REPLIES 2
waitehamrick
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

Im not sure if this was solved but I have the same issue. I have measures in my BI model but when I refresh the excel file the new measures and tables won't show. 

Thanks!

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TheDataB ,

When you refresh the Pivot Table, data is fetched from the Power BI Dataset.

Does the measure not appear after refresh the Pivot Table?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors