Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cv93
Regular Visitor

Power BI Map Visual

Hi, anyone else encountered problems with the map visual after the oct release? The map visual looks like this at a specific zooming state: 

cv93_0-1604315252724.png

When it is supposed to look like this: 

cv93_1-1604315285998.png

Norway is turning into Ukraine...

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cv93,

How did you map visual design? Have you configured them with correct data categories?

In addition, abbreviation address/place names may not locate so accurately. I'd like to suggest you switch to 'Latitude and longitude' values to help map visual locate these places more accurately.

Tips and tricks for Power BI map visualizations#in-the-dataset-tips-to-improve-the-underlying-datase... 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Magnus70
Frequent Visitor

Hi @cv93 !

I have the same problem even though I’m running the version from August. I get Russian cities in Sweden.

If I zoom in a bit, the geography is correct so it’s in a certain position of the map that the problem arises.

RussianCitiesInSweden.PNG

Hi @Magnus70 !

I recently had a meeting with Microsoft regarding this problem and I can tell that this is not a known issue for them.

They told me that this problem is on their backend and is a bug. For me this problem has some how solved itself so maybe there is something within the development of the tool that solved this. 
Just wanted to let you know, that this is nothing you can do about it until they have fixed the bug.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors