Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yash14vashistha
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI Manual/On Demand Refresh not working on Service

Hi,

I have connected to multiple sharepoint online list and have set up scheduled refresh which is working fine. 

However, when the user tries to refresh using refresh button on the report 

yash14vashistha_0-1602050217968.png

it does not work.

Going to the dataset and using refresh button does refresh the dataset and shows the latest data

yash14vashistha_1-1602050320957.png

I would want my users to have the scheduled refresh functionality (wich i workng fine) and the ability to refresh whenver they want as well (Not working when they press the refresh button o the ribbon at the top in service)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yash14vashistha the refresh button which resides in App does not fetch the latest data its just reloads the page.

For your to get the latest data you need to refresh the dataset and then update the App which results in Latest data.

I Hope this have helped you .Please mark this as solutio so that it can help others

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yash14vashistha for users to refresh the data they need to have pro license and need to be part of that workspace

@Anonymous 

Everyone in my organisation has Pro license and they are viewers in the app workspace.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yash14vashistha  Viewers cannot refresh the dashboard only the workspace owner can refresh...

@Anonymous 
Thanks or the info.

I am the owner of the app and even if i press the refresh button on the top, it does not refresh... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yash14vashistha the refresh button which resides in App does not fetch the latest data its just reloads the page.

For your to get the latest data you need to refresh the dataset and then update the App which results in Latest data.

I Hope this have helped you .Please mark this as solutio so that it can help others

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors