Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI License

Hi 

I have created a report using Power BI desktop and I have Pro license. Now I have shared a report with my team member and he is not having pro license but he has office 365 ( as our entire office people are having office 365 license). But when he has signed in to app.powerbi.com using his office365 login credentials, he is getting warning that upgrade to Pro license or use 60 day trial. But I am confused here because I was assuming people with office 365 license can view report. Can some one give some insights if I am missing.

1 REPLY 1
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want to share a report with member in your organization, they must have a Power BI Pro license or the content is in a Premium Capacity Node. You can find the difference between Free and Pro license here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-features-license-type.

If you do not want to buy pro license for every user or Premium license, As a workaround you can embed the report (not dashboard) on a web page and share it with users. You will then only be needing one license to publish the report. The downside of this option is there is no built-in security for the report. Anyone who has access to the webpage can access the report.

Based on my research, Power BI Pro license is included with Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise E5, not included in office 365 E3, check the office 365 license you have, if there are no Power BI Pro license included, you may need to subscribe Pro license for the people you want to share. you can find more information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ DongLi
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors