Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ROCKYDO12
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI License Options

Hello,

I am looking to set up Power BI in my organization and I need some insight on lisences. To provide an overview, we are pulling the data from a shared folder source, which automaticlly gets fed data from our data source. We are looking to also do incremental refreshes so we only refresh new data loaded into the shared folder. 

My question is what and how many licenses do I require for my orgnaization? There will only be a few devlopers and the rest will only require view access. We are hoping to host this report on share point for the viewers to access. Will the viewers require a license to view the report even on share point? For further context we will have about 100 viewers. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey at least you will need power BI pro for all uses, you dont have enought user to consider just on that factor to have a prim server and pro only for designers, also there are other considerations you need to have in mind, refresh time, refresh frequency you need, needed capabilites etc, but pro for what little detail you have here sounds as can do the trick for you 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

only using the publish to web ootion, but that make the report public for anyone anywhere that want to see it no privacy at all for the report and its data

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

hey at least you will need power BI pro for all uses, you dont have enought user to consider just on that factor to have a prim server and pro only for designers, also there are other considerations you need to have in mind, refresh time, refresh frequency you need, needed capabilites etc, but pro for what little detail you have here sounds as can do the trick for you 

Hey, thanks for the reply! Is there anyway once the report has been devloped it can be viewed on sharepoint or anywhere without a license?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors