Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joschultz
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI Groups

Is there a way to update a report in the Group Tab of the dashboard without deleting the current one?  I have some reports that I need others to beable to update for the entire org but I do not see a way to refresh. 

Thank you,

Joseph

4 REPLIES 4
PowerBIGuy
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Joseph, i didn't completely understand your question/Issues i'll try and provide a response below but if you can please clarify if i am wrong?

- Is there a way to update a report in the Group Tab of the dashboard

By Group tab are you referring to group workspace? and do you want to update a title on a dashboard or add or modify visuals on a report? Also are you a admin of this group workspace?

- I have some reports that I need others to be able to update for the entire org

Have you tired making these users admins in the group workspace?

- I do not see a way to refresh

Are you trying to refresh the dataset? if so click the ellipsis beside the dataset name. 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Yes I am talking about the group space.  From what I can tell is if I make a change to the report I cannot just refresh it like I can in my personal space by just publishing it from Power BI desktop.  I have to delete the report and then re add it. 

If I just want to update the data set can I do that and will it update the report as well?

If someone else needs to update the report can they do that?

Thank you,

Joseph

I have made changes to my original file that was published to the Data Group OneDrive and, after a couple of refreshes, the changes showed up. One of the changes was to add a new table to the data set. It really depends on which changes you need to make to the data set. New columns have also been imported after a refresh. I would have to try new Measures as I am unsure if those are brought in. (Tried new measures and they carried in).

New Pages in a report can be added from Services but I have not added any new pages to my files so i do not know if they are pulled in or not.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I just Checked and new measures are pulled in as well as new pages.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Yes you can set a refresh schedule for a dataset in a group workspace. You cannot yet publish from the PowerBI desktop file straight to the group workspace but you can replace a your current pbix file uploaded to the group workspace with a new one as outlined in the article below.

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/655108-replace-an-excel-power-bi-desktop-or-csv-f... 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors