Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Steve
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Group and File (OneDrive for Busines) Integration

I have an issue with a Power BI group that has been created through the Power BI Service in that, although the Group OneDrive for Business 'Files' area has been created it's not associated with the Power BI Service.

I have other groups that have been created in the same way and all works correctly.  With this offending group, the symptoms I am experience are the following:

- With the offending group in question selected as the active workspace.  When I click on the '...', it shows "Members", "Calendar" and "Conversations".  "Files" is missing

- If I try and "Get Files" and point to something that has been uploaded to the Groups OneDrive for Business file area it wants me to "Sign Up" for OneDrive for Business.

I can access the group file area, create files and even sync the library to my Desktop but it appears the link between the ODFB files area and the Power BI Service is not working.  Other groups appear to be fine, just this one and I would rather not delete and recreate if at all possible !!

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yocan check if this PowerBI Service issue is affecting you.

Service degradationCurrent Status: Engineers have determined that OneDrive synchronization to directory services is degraded for provisioning new Power BI group information. A fix for importing data has been developed, which will be deployed at a time that will cause the least amount of impact to the service.

User Impact: Affected users are unable to download data from OneDrive for newly created Power BI Groups.

Customer Impact: Analysis of incident scope indicates that many customers appear to be impacted by this event. For those customers affected, this issue potentially affects any user attempting to download data from OneDrive. No customer reports of the issue have been identified at this time.

Incident Start Time: Friday, October 2, 2015, at 12:00 AM UTC

Next Update by: Tuesday, December 1, 2015, at 1:00 AM UTC
Konstantinos Ioannou

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yocan check if this PowerBI Service issue is affecting you.

Service degradationCurrent Status: Engineers have determined that OneDrive synchronization to directory services is degraded for provisioning new Power BI group information. A fix for importing data has been developed, which will be deployed at a time that will cause the least amount of impact to the service.

User Impact: Affected users are unable to download data from OneDrive for newly created Power BI Groups.

Customer Impact: Analysis of incident scope indicates that many customers appear to be impacted by this event. For those customers affected, this issue potentially affects any user attempting to download data from OneDrive. No customer reports of the issue have been identified at this time.

Incident Start Time: Friday, October 2, 2015, at 12:00 AM UTC

Next Update by: Tuesday, December 1, 2015, at 1:00 AM UTC
Konstantinos Ioannou

Thank you - it could be.  The weird thing is that some groups that I create and have created in the past all integrate perfectly (I created two test groups today and they worked fine) - just the odd one and I have found this to be the case in different Power BI Tenants (where it works sometimes and not others).

I'll keep an eye on that status and see if it is the same thing.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Yeah, this has been happening to me for a while. Very strange, glad they are looking into it.

Please note that Microsoft are now showing that Incident PB34667 that relates to the above was resolved on Friday 4th December.

However we are still seeing the error, but it seems that Microsoft have stopped working on this.

Any other ideas on how to avoid these issues appreciated.

Regards

Mark

If you're still seeing these problems, please use the Feedback button (little face in the top right of the Service) to get in touch and we'll investigate. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors