Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

uberdube
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Power BI Goals - Update/Edit the Goals Dataset

Hi all,

I'm wondering if any knows if it is possible to update/edit records in the Power BI Goals dataset that is stored in the Power BI Premium Workspace being used to captured the data/results?

I unfortunately had a false start with the Goals setup, the very first day of results were not recorded correctly, and now it seems there is no way to go back and enter the results for the first day. Subsequent daily results have been stored however, and over 160 goals scorecards have been created so I don't want to have to go back and re-create this structure all over again.

It seems elementary that there should be some way to go in and edit / input numbers for previous dates, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Connecting to the dataset to try and implement changes in PowerQuery doesn't work either because you can't download a PBIX for this dataset, and can only connect to it from Power BI Desktop using a Live Connection (this is my experience anyhow).

I've also considered trying to use Power Apps to write back to the dataset, but I'm unfamiliar how to connect a Power BI Dataset within Power Apps, it doesn't seem to be optional.

Surely there must be a way - can anybody out there help/advise?

Cheers 🙂

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @uberdube ,

I doubt if it can be achieved by power app to write back to goals dataset. I suggest you also create a thread in power app forumn. And you can also refer to https://www.clearpeaks.com/power-bi-write-back-functionality-with-power-platform-services/

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors