Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BananaLee
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Gateway Says I'm Connected, Power BI Says I'm Not

Have a bit of a conundrum here with regards to my Personal Gateway.

When opening my gateway, it says I'm good to go; however, looking at the "schedule refresh" on Power BI, it says my computer is offline (Note that I'm running off the one computer). Is there any reason why it would show these contradicting messages? Screenshot to illustrate.

Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I had a similar issue and what I did was to CTRL + F5 in the browser to see if that helps?

I also restarted my laptop.

And when that still failed I then un-installed and re-installed which solved the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

kcantor
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have found the same issue with my gateway on my laptop. I believe it is due to using different networks for connectivity. When I work from home, my personal gateway doesn't readily connect when I am at work (to the service only) yet says it is connected on my laptop.

Other than keeping my gateway up to date, I have found that giving my gateway a little time to stabalize before connecting to the service helps prevent this issue. In the past, I booted up the service as my laptop was first starting.

In addition, I have also switched to the on premise data gateway. Unfortunately, it tends to act the same way on a laptop so we are moving this gateway to a server.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BananaLee,

Firstly, please make sure that you download the latest version of Power BI Gateway from this link.

Secondly, install personal gateway and configure it following the instructions in this article and then check if the issue persists.

Besides, is there any possibility that you use on-premises gateway to refresh your dataset?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors