Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Gateway SSO to SAP BW Message Server

Power BI SSO to SAP BW Message server

Overview of single sign-on (SSO) for gateways in Power BI document on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-overview says Power BI Support SAP BW Message Server but it is in public preview. 

The document was updated on 10/10/2019. Please can you confirm when will Power BI SSO to SAP BW (Message server) become generally available? Please can you share the roadmap if available?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Install the SAP NetWeaver library on your local computer. You can get the SAP NetWeaver library from your SAP administrator or directly from the SAP Software Download Center . Since the SAP Software Download Center changes its structure frequently, more specific guidance for navigating that site isn't available. The SAP NetWeaver library is usually included in the SAP Client Tools installation.

You can search for SAP Note #1025361 to get the download location for the most recent version. Make sure the architecture for the SAP NetWeaver library (32-bit or 64-bit) matches your Power BI Desktop installation. Install all files included in the SAP NetWeaver RFC SDK according to the SAP Note.

2. In Power BI Desktop, select Get Data. The Database options include SAP Business Warehouse Application Server and SAP Business Warehouse Message Server.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

I don't have connectivity issues from Power BI to SAP BW. I am using SAP .NET Connector to connect to BW.

Power BI to SAP BW SSO was not in GA so I raised this question and @Icey confirmed it is now available! 

I also want to know if the configuration suggested in the links (from my previous comments) are still valid or not. 

Thanks

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is available now. Please update your gateway to the latest version. Then you can refer to this document: On-premises data gateway December 2019 update is now available.

sso.png

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Icey 

Thanks for the update.

Please, can you also confirm if the configuration steps documented in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-kerberos and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-sso-kerberos-sap-bw-commoncryptolib are still valid?

The configuration needs to done on SAP BW Message Server as well. If any configuration has changed, please can you provide the link or update the links above?

Thanks,

Abdul Rafay

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors