Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andymc123
Advocate III
Advocate III

Power BI Gateway Refresh Failing at random

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Personal Power BI Gateway refresh jobs failing randomly?  I have several that run throughout the day at different times, and a few have failed today.  They have been running great for weeks and rarely fail until today.  It just started 2019-01-16 about 8am US Central time.  When I go in to my list of datasets and manually refresh they work.  No outages or issues currently reported according to the support page dashboard - https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Just thought I would put this out there in case others are having the same issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andymc123,

1. What is your data sources for your datasets?

2. Did you use the latest version of Gateway? Maybe you can download and install the new one to try agian.

2. Could you please check your network to make sure your network work well.

If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andymc123,

1. What is your data sources for your datasets?

2. Did you use the latest version of Gateway? Maybe you can download and install the new one to try agian.

2. Could you please check your network to make sure your network work well.

If any other question, feel free to let me know please.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks Frank, I will check on those things.  My data sources are all over the board.  some are on-prem SQL, some are Excel files in OneDrive, and some might still be network shared Excel files.

I didn't think about updating my personal Gateway, so I will look into that too.  I have Power BI Desktop from the Windows Store and it auto updates to my Windows 10 PC.  I forgot that the Gateway is separate.

I actually made it through the rest of the day with no more errors, so it could have been my companies network too, or just a hiccup with the service...just thought I would put this out there to see if others were having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors